Sunday, November 15, 2009

A couple shots...





Well, this is my first official post since I have arrived in Thailand. I slept in a bed for the first time last night, as the previous two nights were spent on the plane and then on a bus. I arrived in Bangkok on Friday morning (Bangkok time) and had to wait 8 hours for my bus to leave for Mae Sot. I finally arrived in Mae Sot on Saturday morning at 5am. Mae Sot itself is a relatively small town made up of about 50,000 people. It is considered to be one of the most diverse towns in all of Thailand as there are Thai, Burmese, and Karen refugees that live here. In addition there is quite a international presence as there are many NGOs that have offices in the city. I got a tour of the city yesterday as well as the clinic that I will be working in. I start first thing tomorrow morning at 8:00am! More updates and pics soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the hostel...could you seriously ask for a better place? :)
    Looks great so far...reminds me of some of Jonathan and Omi's Cambodia pictures.
    "Small" town...wow.
    So glad you made it safe, though! Look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics kid. Looks like,... well, a jungle :)
    Trust all is well. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you could wake in the morning and just reach out your window and pluck yourself a banana for breakfast - nice.

    ReplyDelete