Monday, April 5, 2010

My Class




This is my class! Yes, a full class of students expecting me to teach them English. I've been teaching for about 2 months now on my "free time" which turns out to be about 3 hours a week. I love my students. They are so eager to learn -- they all have worked a full day in the clinic -- dealing with sick patients (see post below) and then voluntarily stay after work to learn English. I generally follow a curriculum already set up by an NGO that works out of Mae Sot, but I change a lot of it to make it more relevant to my students. Two weeks ago I wrote my first exam for them - of which they all passed. Wow does it feel good to be a teacher :)

The other pictures above are shots of the motorbike ride I take to get to the clinic. During this season they burn all of the fields to clear them before the rainy season. Leads to very polluted air and beautiful orange sunsets. Wait 6 weeks and all of this will be green, and no more pollution in the air. Goodbye to slash and burn. Pics to come!

2 comments:

  1. I see all the dudes sit in the back of the class? Cross-cultural phenomenon, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, totally! I laughed the first time it happened. I make them move sometimes...

    ReplyDelete